msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NAIS

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NAIS
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:16:48 -0500

My horse is chipped in his neck on his right side. Out German shepherd was
chipped in the middle of the neck on top. The first chip stopped working and
the second works but did migrate. It is closer to his collar bone now.

I don't remember exactly what we paid, but it was less than $25/animal. I
had them use lidocain on the horse and so I paid a little more for that. I
had it done when he was having cogins pulled so there was no special farm
call. Point being it wasn't some huge burden.

With all the stolen horses in recent years, I'm not opposed to it. I'd hate
to think that I was stubborn about it and my horse ended up on somebody's
diner plate in Sweden.

Sherry