market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:43:56 -0400 (EDT)

Same here.  I had a FB account for awhile, and was totally overwhelmed with all the fluffy garbage that came onto my page from someone who knows someone who knows someone.  I was hearing about concert performances and video game competitions and political opinions from people I'd never met, and I didn't really care about any of it.  I finally just gave up and stopped using FB.  Since then, I've been told that there are ways to filter a lot of that stuff out.  And I've set up some of that.  But folks still post a preponderance of fluff that I just don't care to know, or discuss their recent trip to wherever and the trinkets they brought back and the shoes that hurt so much on the tour, and I think "why do I need to wade through this?"  So I don't.

For businesses where FB is their main source of contact with the world, and which they use to post information like this, I have no problems going to FB to see what they're doing (as long as they keep it visible to non-members and those who aren't following them or whatever).  But my FB account will stay very much inactive.  I'd like to delete the darn thing, but that is apparently rather difficult to do.  Another reason I tend to avoid doing anything on FB.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA