market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:10:41 -0400

Like I said, it was going to take me some time.  I uploaded more photographs just now.  Including pump, valves, junctions, and emitters.  Today is a rain day.  :)

Each 20 minute, two zone, watering consumes 4" of water in the tank.  Today's rain, so far, has given me 10 days of watering assuming I water every other day.  Still trying to figure out the actual need as I am going around tightening fittings.  Everything got warm in the 81F day yesterday and you find what is tight and what isn't in your system.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855