market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] availability lists

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] availability lists
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 16:48:36 -0400

On 4/8/2013 at 4:44:29 PM, Don Lareau wrote:
> I am wondering what types of forms,
> programs, systems people use for availability list. I want something that
> is
> easy to change from week to week without taking a lot of time. I have been
> thinking about something for excel, but not sure it is the best to use.
> Plus
> I like to send it out with a little note, previously I have just been using
> word document, cutting a pasting. Please tell me someone has a better way?
> Thanks, Don

I don't do this, but it seems to me an easy way to get what you want is to
have an excel list of all your crops, and then put an X or a "yes" in the box
next to the ones you have, then copy those two columns and paste them into an
email. You may need to fiddle with the paste function to get it the way you
want it--some email programs may not read a pasted spreadsheet well, and so
you may want to paste plain text instead. Alternatively, you could send out
the spreadsheet and write your note right into it. it depends on what your
customers want. I tend to prefer email without attachments.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm
www.hopestill.com