market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hoophouse irrigation
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:58:07 -0400

Take a look at the Netafim sprinklers,  http://www.netafimusa.com/greenhouse/products/beddingplants-sprinklers-design , or Dan Modular Group http://www.jainirrigationinc.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=305 . I have used both brands for overhead in my high tunnels.  For a 20' wide tunnel, I run one row of sprinklers down the center at a 4' spacing.  For a 26' wide tunnel I use two rows.  I'm using a DIG controller to run the sprinklers.

Lot's of companies sell these brands.  I have purchased Dan Modular Group sprinklers from Belle Terre Irrigation, Notls and Sauders,  I used to purchase Netafim from WH Milikowski (which was recently purchased by Griffin Greenhouse Supply.

.
Andy