market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Oat Straw vs. Wheat Straw to mulch strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Oat Straw vs. Wheat Straw to mulch strawberries
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 15:01:30 -0400 (EDT)

Your oats winterkill?  I thought they were considered a good overwintering crop for even northern areas.  Most of my grain books encourage folks to plant oats in the fall as often as possible, and spring plantings are considered inferior.  I'd be curious to know if your area is different for some reason.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA