market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] potato vine beater?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charlie taplin <vthick43 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] potato vine beater?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 07:12:20 -0400

Hi, Got a ?, if you mow them do they still harden so they keep in storage ?
We just dug yesterday & will finish today. We did dig a few for fresh market,
and some we planted were early potatoes. All our tops were dead and have
been for a couple weeks, our first frost this morning (30.3) Had a excellent
yield in all varieties, especially the new one to us, Kovac.
About a acre this year.  My father-in-law raised 2000 bu. on this farm at one time.