market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Oat Straw vs. Wheat Straw to mulch strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Oat Straw vs. Wheat Straw to mulch strawberries
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 23:15:05 -0400

One year's experience with wheat really isn't enough to say for certain whether it provides the same "dead air" space.  However, with the exception of weeding out the wheat in the spring, I was happy with how the mulch worked.  My strawberries were happy and healthy when we raked the mulch off of them in the spring.

Andy