market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] clarification of use of "organic"

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "sals3" <sals3 AT cox.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] clarification of use of "organic"
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 06:29:38 -0700

if you need certification for you customers or market or store . u need it. if you don't and your customers are happy good. IMHO I don't think it is wise to mix organic and non growing. chemicals kill life in the soil . organic counts on soil life . feed the soil not the plant. so your fighting against your self if you do both. if you kill gophers with bait you kill snakes and barn owls and everything that kills gophers and you end up on the chemical treadmill. IMHO as a organic grower every thing chemical kills all natures good work. I like being organic . a lot of my friends like using chemicals and they got it down and we organic growers have down also. no day its easy to stay organic 100 per cent., so if you cheating your cheating yourself.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vern and Amy" <vaspencer AT sisna.com>