market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wendy's Produce" <info AT wendysproduce.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 20:38:12 -0600

The chef we deal with found us at the farmers market. He was looking for
local produce and at that particular market we are one of the few who
actually grow what we sell. We also act as his supplier by keeping abreast
of what other growers have that we do not. We then procure for him and add a
small handling/expediting fee. And yes, he will text us at 8pm asking for a
delivery the next day. Not usually possible but we do what we can. We feel
that it is a work in progress on both sides. Hoping for great business for
both he and us next year.

contacting chefs, by phone, by mail, by email, by fax....

What's the deal?

How do you get through?

I'm 100 miles outside of town. It's hard to just come to the back
door of the restaurant in the hope the chef has time to talk to you.