market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:26:08 -0500

In my limited experience, chef's don't use nearly as much produce as we
would think. And on some things ... I had one ask me to grow chervil for
him. A new crop to me (a little herb). I seeded a 3 x 6 bed, hoping it
would be enough. He wanted less than 1/4 oz per week! A 4" pot/week would
have sufficed. He just dribbled a few leaves on a plate as a garnish.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe