market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:50:58 EST

One of thing's that they need to understand is using fresh produce is not the same as ordering from their wholesaler/broker.  I had a chef call on Thursday wanting Micro Greens for a party on Saturday, like all I have to do is shake my wand and it is instantly growing on a tree in December, Daaa.  WE have always had a standard order  and a min order for delivery or in summer three day notice  of an email or call.  If you are not careful they can dollar you to death.

Phil from Iowa