market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: dguthrie AT egyptian.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice for meeting with chefs?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:22:14 -0500

We have some high end items ocassionally, like right now I have a Rose Veal I'd like to sell to a restaurant. I've never had any luck contacting chefs, by phone, by mail, by email, by fax....

What's the deal?

How do you get through?

I'm 100 miles outside of town. It's hard to just come to the back door of the restaurant in the hope the chef has time to talk to you.

on the other hand, when we've 'clicked,' they've taken whole animals from me and TONS of greens but chefs tend to change restaurants fast in DC, so we have to keep chasin'

-Allan in WV