market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new tractor - wheel spacing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new tractor - wheel spacing
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:50:00 -0400 (EDT)

I can't tell you all how educational this conversation has been.  We're several steps behind the conversation so far, with a walking tractor and 48" beds and usually going back/forth in one bed per operation or doing things by hand (yuck), wishing we could make a single pass.  We had thought about getting a very small tractor for the time being, with the thought that we "could always upgrade later".  But now I'm wondering if we should just bite the bullet (and the wallet) and get a larger tractor now so that we don't have to go through this song and dance again.  Jury is still out on that part but the conversation has given me a lot to think about.......
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA