market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fortex Pole Beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fortex Pole Beans
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:23:33 -0400

Allan

One reason may be that the bees are ins something else right now.  I would wager goldenrod.  That is the big crop in bloom right now in the midwest and east coast.  My bees love golden rod and the hives smell like butterscotch...or old socks...depending on your nose. :)

I have bush green beans, my last batch blooming, and they are cover with bumbles and mason bees.  Mostly because its so darn dry that is all there is besides the normal fall wild forage, which is producing a lot of pollen but not much nectar...because of the lack of rain.

WV may be different right now...everything is local after all.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855