market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] field orientation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: E C GRANATA <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] field orientation
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:54:51 -0600

Thanks to everyone for your ideas -- it has broadened my whole outlook on this-  it has opened me to thinking of all of the other variables besides sun on plants-- like wind and air circulation, best use of land, ease of planting and harvest.

Richard, the infrastructure is being built by the housing authority and they say they'll have it ready by Oct 1st, so I plan to put my garlic in, get raspberry bushes in, move some bee balm and yarrow plants, cover crops and maybe start a spinach crop to be wintered over.

Thanks again everyone.

Elaine
Denver