market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:23:54 -0400

Well done, I never had row cover on hand, but did use some blue poly tarps at times, and even spryed with a mix of land lime, wall paper paste, flour and water.

MAsteveINE

Shade cloth wasn't in the budget for this year. So I did the next best thing I could think of to reduce the heat. I pulled row cover between the ribs and the plastic. While some won't think it is a good idea, It is cooler in the buildings and I am proud that it is working.

Jay