market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:19:06 -0400

Use shade cloth. It will not affect airflow at all and can be laid right on top of your greenhouse and held in place either with bungee cords, twine or rebar laid down the sides of the greenhouse on top of the fabric.

Andy

Pete Vukovich wrote:

Hello there, I'm trying to find some innovative suggestions for shading a glass panel greenhouse. Were thinking of building a superstructure around it and hanging shade cloth, its not a particularly large greenhouse around 14'x10'x14' . The basic conditions are that we want to preserve the airflow around the house, are on a budget, and don't want to use PVC or something that will end up cracking in the sun. Has anyone here done something like this, or do you have some clever idea as to what you would do ... keeping an eye to durability and expense?

Thanks...