market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Don Lareau" <dlareau AT tds.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:57:31 -0600

Hi,

We had a three minute hail storm with hail the size of quarters.  Luckily our crops did not suffer too badly, read not totally destroyed.  But now that we turn the drip system on there are holes everywhere, big holes along the seams.  So I am trying to figure out if the pressure reducing valve is broken (though there does not seem to be too much pressure), the tape has been badly manufactured, or if (my #1 theory) my tape was damaged by the hail.  The lead clue is the high tunnels do not have these holes (except one where hail could have reached)…anyone ever experience this before?

Thanks, don

Zephyros Farm and Garden

Daphne Yannakakis and Don Lareau

11466 3725 Rd.