market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Shading an overheated greenhouse
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

Shade cloth wasn't in the budget for this year. So I did the next best thing I could think of to reduce the heat. I pulled row cover between the ribs and the plastic. While some won't think it is a good idea, It is cooler in the buildings and I am proud that it is working.

Jay
Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com