market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape? and perfection

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Johnathan Yelenick <yelenick AT riseup.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape? and perfection
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:02:51 -0600

yes indeed! It's called Big Rock Candy Mountain

Camelot, Camelot! There is such a place, isn't there?

Elaine
From: organic87 AT frontiernet.net
To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:45:34 -0400

On Jun 15, 2010, at 10:37 PM, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:

Some day our farm will be perfect. There will be no Johnson grass. There will be no weeds anywhere. Perfect rows. Perfectly straight. Amazing yields. Precisely one inch of rain each week.
No morning glory. No Canada thistle. Only enough lambsquarters and amaranth and purslane to harvest for greens. And that one inch of rain will arrive politely between midnight Saturday and dawn on Sunday, spread out evenly over that time.

It will positively not rain every Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning, which is when we're at farmers' market. Open-air farmers' markets.

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly (where the forecast is for rain tomorrow / Wednesday. Again. But at least they're not predicting 10 inches!)