market-farming - [Market-farming] Weed Guard

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Weed Guard
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:20:13 -0500

Anyone have any experience with using paper mulches? I've searched the
archives and can't find anything recent. I was looking at WeedGuard Plus
(www.weedguardplus.com). They have OMRI listed versions. Any feedback is
appreciated. We'll be dealing with weeds for awhile while we bring our soil
into better fertility. The less time we spend cultivating and hand weeding,
the better.

Also, how do you cover the edges? Any fresh ideas besides using a blade on a
tractor to throw up dirt, staples or sand bags? The blade method works well,
but can't be done in all areas due to space constraints.

Thanks in advance,

Kim
Barking Cat Farm
Texas where August arrived in May