market-farming - [Market-farming] Website (was: Re: Road's End Farm...)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Website (was: Re: Road's End Farm...)
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:08:08 -0400

Be that as it may, wether it was a one time discount or multi-year deal, by
purchasing more than a single year I paid less at GoDaddy.

I am not all that worried about privacy controls since I do not sales and
host no MYSQL databases, lists, or forums from the location and use Facebook
as my blog now (less folks follow blogs and static sites paired with Facebook
is pretty much the way to go these days). I think its extremely important
to have a static site tat changes,maybe seasonaly, but blog style set-up
require too much time. Face book is probably the easiest

Domain registration is what I was talking about. Domain
registration/parking has nothing to do with security, just an address and the
routing to where its parked (from my understanding at least, maybe someone
that is a little bit more techie can describe it better).

If you go to www.carriagehousefarmllc.com it APPEARS to be carriage house
farm. In reality its a parked address on my MobileMe account. I've got
pretty much everything set so when I do decide to mate an iPhone with my
business it will simply be a matter of purchasing the phone and the plan
everything else that I do from my desktop will become portable in click,
rather than porting stuff over to Google or doing the same with a 3rd party
application to run on a blackberry or other smart phone.

Now, Apple handles the security of their servers.

Someone also was talking about tools to do web searches. The tools you need
are forums, where you post a link and get traffic, foodie blogs, reviews,
local harvest and the like anything that clicks and sends you to your site.
There is LOTS of free ways to do this.

You get better search results by being the first click people go to when they
search for that specific word combination. In this case its Carriage House
Farm. You can actually have people help at with that as searches that click
your URL add precedence in the web search. Never fall for the whole "pay us
extra money to get better search results" junk.

You can do it yourself. This is a project best left for winter since it
takes some time and effort but works well.

Sometimes it does not matter. If your goal is restaurants and you have
enough clients who cares. A web presence may not even matter. If you are
close to a city and make money by using public knowledge as leverage or do
events where you need attendance then maybe its exceedingly important. There
are LOTS of options and one size does not fit all for certain.

Richard Stewart
rstewart AT zoomtown.com