market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vetting Local Producers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vetting Local Producers
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:37:48 -0500

Regards to the list:

I too, wholeheartedly support "local grower only" but this document scares
me.

Marie in Missouri

What they want is a list of questions that, when answered, will allow
anyone to determine if a vendor is offering food of authentic value
to a localvore.

They've passed the document on to me for comment.

I thought it would be nice to get comments from this group,
particularly from farmers like myself who whole heartedly support the
'local grower-only' concept of farmers marketing.

Thanks

-Allan in WV