market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] green garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carol Moss <mossgathers AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] green garlic
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:42:39 -0500

I am selling garlic greens for $3.00 per bunch and depending on the size 6-8 per bunch. The smaller ones I am transplanting to harvest next summer. They will grow to full size bulbs in a year if given enough space (3-4") or I may space them closer and harvest again in spring for garlic greens, probably some of both or I will run out of room for them all. Small ones are good in stirfry but cleaning garlic greens after this muddy year is too labor intensive for me to mess with all the little ones.
 Carol Moss
 Moss Gathers
 Celina, TX 75009