market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asparagus beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asparagus beetles
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 00:14:38 GMT

We talked to several other vendors who have asparagus at Saturday's market,
and they are having the same problem. For whatever reason the beetle pressure
is severe this year. Aphids too. I've never had aphid trouble this early and
they are every where. I saw the first Colorado Potato Beetle today too, and
I'm wondering how bad they are going to be.
We are losing a lot of asparagus to the damage. We aren't organic, but we
usually take a least toxic approach to things, but we are losing this battle.
We spent the day transplanting about 2000 new asparagus plants, transplants,
and the beetles were finding them faster than we could put them in the ground.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4bc26638226041e3c44st06duc