market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] asparagus beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT marketfarmshoptalk.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] asparagus beetles
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:29:39 -0400

I know everyone has been dealing with weather extremes, but I really thought
our cold, cold winter would have reduced bugs, not increased them!
Carla
Perkins, OK
I thought the same thing, with as much cold and snow as we got and for how long it all stayed (all records were broken up here), I just knew we'd at least "gain" a little on the bugs. Not so!! Worse than I've ever seen. I've never had ants in the house, got them several places. I've never seen ants up here in the mtns build little mounds like I used to see on the coast. They popped up everywhere here the past few days. The wasps are out in full force, asian ladybugs--more than I've ever seen, and this afternoon had to break out the fly masks for the horses. Those aren't usually necessary until June!

Liz