market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tips on efficient filling and seeding of trays?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:46:59 -0400

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:35:58 -0700 (PDT), Tom wrote:

I am currently using a little plastic seeder that I hold in one
> hand and tap with the other to make the seeds march down the spout and drop
> off the end.  I get fairly good control, but it's pretty slow.  I sure hope
> there's something better.

I tried one of those, and hated it--too slow, too much anxiety and
frustration. For seeds too small to pick up one by one off my palm, I use a
wet toothpick. I pour some seeds onto a white surface, touch the toothpick to
a seed, and then to the soil. Works great, and is much faster than the
plastic dispenser.

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/