market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: grizzdover AT gmail.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Boxes
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:07:19 -0500

For our CSA we use 1/2 bushel veggie boxes from Monte Packaging. They
last for multiple seasons (as long as CSA members take care of them)
and can be broken to lay flat for easy storage when not in use. We
plan on two boxes per member (return the empty box when they pick up
the full box), but in all reality we use 3-4 per member throughout the
season. One big downside is they come 600 to a pallet and you have to
order full pallets. We are fortunate to be around a metro area with
many other CSA's so we are able to split pallets up between us.

Ben
Turtle Farm
Granger, Iowa