market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse, Bending your own pipe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse, Bending your own pipe
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

Liz,

The two of my three big buildings are 2 years old, with 2 year old plastic.  I have a small 12 by 20 hoop  building that is made out of PVC that is 3 years old and has 3 year old plastic.  I am not wanting to cause an argument, but I am not seeing the interaction of PVC and the plastic as an issue.  I wonder if it is the type of plastic  (Klerks K-50) I am using or if PVC has different formulations around the country?  I do know that all the PVC I am using has been stored outside before I bought it and it wasn't brand new when I got it.

Thanks for asking!

Jay
Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas