market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Boxes
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 13:22:02 -0400

I've been using food grade plastic harvest totes from Buckhorn containers for six seasons now and they are holding up fine.  Each container has been used several hundred times and is still in very good condition.  The totes are also stackable and nestable making them much easier to transport.  The only negative is the initial price.  Depending upon where you buy them and the quantity you buy they will cost $12-$18 each after shipping.  On a cost per use basis, they are very economical.

Andy Fellenz
www.FellenFamilyFarm.com

pech wrote:
Hi all

For the 1st time I have to buy boxes to put my CSA shares in....Any sources you like?