market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 06:55:23 -0400

Get a 18v dewalt or two w/ a sawsall. . .
Don't touch anything that has ground posts in concrete. . . unless you're not responsible for them.
Be very clear with the property owner about what is required w/ site cleanup/remediation
rental equipment is extremely cheap at the moment.
i wouldn't pay anything more than .50/sf unless the structure is very well built. . . cross bracing. . . heaters. . . automated venting.

we recently tore down a used house and hauled it.  the best, and simplest thing we used was metal banding to strap the various pieces.  it made loading and unloading extremely easy.  we did have a fork truck on site and a tractor with forks at home. . . but it was a larger volume of stuff than a typical hoop.

hope that helps
john

--
Seldom Seen Farm