market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse
  • Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:52:37 -0400

I have purchased two used houses - a 17X96 and a 30X96. The only issues I encountered with the purchases were a lack of power on the site where I needed to dismantle the houses so that I needed to bring in a generator and more than 1/2 the ground posts on the 30X96 could not be reused and turned out to be an odd size so it took a while to find replacements.

Andy

Lova Andriamanjay wrote:
Hi everybody,

we are currently researching for the purchase of a greenhouse/high tunnel and since money is tight at the moment we might want to buy a used structure for the time being before splurging for something much bigger next year. We also thought about making it ourselves but still not sure.

I would like to have some feedback from fellow market farmers who did buy a used structure or made their own. What problems did you encounter, would you recomment doing so, etc.

Best regards!

Lova Andriamanjay
www.jardinchezjulieetlova.com <http://www.jardinchezjulieetlova.com>