market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Buying a used greenhouse
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:37:31 EDT

I'm intrigued by this particular statement (and the whole email) because one of our huge issues with greenhouses is that our farm access is miserable.  We don't have room for big delivery trucks to turn around, and our county road is too busy, and has poor visibility, for them to back up the driveway.  I talked to our local greenhouse supplier and they usually bring in greenhouse hoops on a flatbed which would be much too big for our access issues.  I had thought they were one-piece hoops.  But from what you're saying, they're two-piece hoops that you can lash to your truck, perhaps with help from a roof rack or canopy frame.  Am I understanding that right?  Did you cut through a one-piece hoop to do that, or were they already in two pieces?  And how do they go back together?  Now that I've seen the DIY websites I'll probably go with that approach. But if I hear about a used greenhouse for sale I'd at least like to know I have that option as well.  So, more details on those points would be great.  Thanks.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA