market-farming - [Market-farming] Thank you for all the information and a few questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Thank you for all the information and a few questions
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 07:00:50 -0800 (PST)

I want to say thank you to all the people who share all the important information and topic on this listserve.  While I have heard about some of the things many of you are talking about, I know very little about many of the topics.  I find out that I know even less about everything everyday.  Many of you are talking about very neat things and I feel very primitive about my farming practices.

My question is this.  When did all this safety, legislation, regulations, requirements get out of hand?  When will it stop? Can it stop?  When will someone step in and put an end to it and bring back some common sense (dangerous word I know).  When will people start watching out for themselves and not relying on someone else or the goverment to do it for them?  I ran across this video clip.  I think it hits on some of the things I am asking about.  It is Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs at the National FFA Convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brlkkrxoezs

Just a thought.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More