market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ideas for daily to do list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ideas for daily to do list
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:10:58 -0400

Was it Liz?  Rivka?  Someone, some time back, offered that wonderful comment about her difficulty, during busy season, deciding whether to sweep or plant the kitchen floor.

For me, one of biggest frustrations of a farming life, is inability to keep up with the cleaning, neatening kinds of things I was taught as a child (by neat freak parents) are so important.  Wish I could let it go, but is deep stuff.  Weeding helps......

Perhaps important, on that daily list, would be something like "Take time for partner/family/friends."    When I was working regular job some 20+ years ago, I asked all our older customers what they knew then that they didn't know in their 40's (my age bracket at the time).  They all said the same 4 things in different ways:

1. Family & friends are the most important parts of life
2. Don't hold grudges
3. There's never enough time, don't wait, do it now
4. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm