market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Thank you for all the information and a fewquestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Thank you for all the information and a fewquestions
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:38:51 -0500

Listen to Breck.
Todd

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM, breck <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com> wrote:
I generally refrain from commenting on non-nuts and bolts farming issues,
but I couldn't resist. I promise to do better in the future.
Jay I agree that governmental regs have become over-the-top and don't expect
them to do anything but continue.

Folks have become so afraid and want complete control of every danger in and
around them that they demand the government to protect them more and more.

Pasteurized milk, refrigerated eggs, gated neighborhoods, fenced borders and
the list goes on and on..................

Now back to farming: Work your raw manure into the ground in the fall then
plant cover crops on it, then till under in the spring. As an alternative;
properly compost manure and apply when and where needed.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck