market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] onion plants and How is it going in the Northeast?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] onion plants and How is it going in the Northeast?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:06:04 -0800 (PST)

What a difference a year makes. Last year I had already tilled, made beds, put down compost and was ready to plant.  This year the ground is frozen and I still have spotty snow piles.  I haven't even started the tiller.  Carla, my onions are suppose to come in 3 weeks, I hope I can be ready for them.  I may have to follow your directions for storing them.

How are the people in the Northeast doing?  I suppose you are caring for your hoop buildings or just staying warm.

Good Luck,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas