market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] onion plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] onion plants
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:54:59 GMT

Wow! That is amazing. We have a winter market here now, and from what I hear
the customers are desperate for veggies. I guess I need to learn more about
winter storage options and put the cooler to use year round. We had lots of
cabbage this fall, as well as many different varieties of winter squash.
Do you put anything else into the cooler for long term storage?

I've got the cooler at about 60 degrees. Is that too warm for the onions?
Thanks again, this is great info.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Nutrition