market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:12:28 -0500

On Feb 26, 2010, at 12:10 AM, Sisters of the Soil wrote:

We sold them last year, too. Difficult for customers to remember the identities per us not wanting to damage the blocks, sturdy though they were, with stick tags. An idea that occurred to me at the end of the sales season is to jot down variety names on the self- adhesive paper napkin rings restaurants use and slip those around the stems of the purchased items. Not sure where one would find those but asking at a restaurant should make that easy enough to determine.

Is this what you're after?

http://pricing-guns-labels.hubert.com/napkin-bands.html

Also, I think most cities (even fairly small ones) have a restaurant supply store that also sells to walk in retail customers. (Hubert's, last I looked, does take small orders but has a minimum order charge. They might well have something else you want, however.)