market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cost to lease land

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <growbd AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cost to lease land
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:55:33 -0500

Thanks for all the help!

What I'm hearing is that there's no easy answer.  From the links and suggestions you all made, it sounds like anything from FREE to $1000 /acre/year could be considered reasonable!  Holy cow, that's quite a range.  I guess I'm going to start somewhere in the middle and see what happens.  I did talk to one land owner who thought $50/acre wasn't enough, so maybe I'll start above that.

If more folks have insight please don't hesitate to weigh in.

Thank you so much.  I love this group.

Deb