market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary and oange oil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary and oange oil
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:53:11 -0600

That bread sounds good. Wish you lived next door.
Marty
Kansas City
On Nov 6, 2009, at 10:00 PM, Wyatt Jones wrote:

I grew Rosemary this year but I ran out of what I had and cleaned out another farmer as well, I didn't really plan to be baking this much but I'm glad I have the skill.  It would be nice if I could grow it as a perennial like I did in California, I had an endless supply and took it for granted I guess.  I also grew Caraway for the first time this year, pretty potent stuff.  Baking is not exactly what I want to do long term, the hours are terrible and I'd rather be outside in the summer.  It does help keep the house heated though LOL.  In California I would just cut some about anywhere, they use it as an ornamental all over the place.  I always had to laugh at the people buying it at Safeway for premium prices when they parked right next to a hedge that was regularly trimmed and the trimmings taken to the dump,  pretty crazy.  Well I smell Licorice so my Swedish rye must be close to being done so I gotta go.  Thanks for the input.

Wyatt