market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:44:19 -0500

I'd love to have a Pacific Northwest climate but we do not.

We grow rosemary and it needs to be cut back and mulched heavily to make it through our winters and I am in Southwestern Ohio.  I would figure that the further north the worse it does overwintering.  We used to pot it and bring it in  during late autumn /winter.  That becomes a hassle though when you are trying to grow lots of it.  Now its just cut back and mulch and be happy with what makes it through the cold.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855