market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary and oange oil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rosemary and oange oil
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:02:10 -0800 (PST)

I will have access to a certified kitchen next year.  A friend of mine has a Agritourism business, Pumpkin patch,  at their farm every year.  The were tired of the portapotties and using their house for production of the food for the concession stand.  SO, when her dad was contracted to demo an old milk house.  15 footish by 30 footish, with hard wood floors and tall ceilings, the decided to move the structure, put in two bathrooms on one end of it and a certified kitchen on the other end.  They use this structure everyweekend in September- Halloween.  However, it will be rented out the rest of the time.  It would have been certified this fall, but they recertify on the calander year and they didn't want to spend the money in October and have to spend that much again in January.

She really needed the structure for her business to grow and so did I.  It is funny how things work out.

Jay