market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] fall crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "R.M." <rsssjm AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] fall crops
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:46:25 -0700 (PDT)

After cleaning up a row of previous crops, I always try to shovel in some compost or soil building additive (organic).  Rake it smooth.  Then the soil is nice and fluffy and looks great for planting.  Just planted seed for fall green beans.  Picked eight 50' rows of dry beans.   Started seed for cherry tomatoes, and bush Delicata (80 days).  We have a fairly long growing season, and all those things should be ready to harvest comfortably before first frosts.
Roni
zone 8a