market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] growing garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] growing garlic
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:06:47 -0400

Carla; what sort of problems do you have with garlic? I've planted a lot of hard-neck varieites. I grow it in raised beds; having the plants in too-wet soil is one of the few ways to kill it. I try to keep it weeded (but the best laid plans...), and I fertize it every 2-3 weeks with a spray of kelp or fish emulsion or manure tea. I plant in fall and don't always mulch it, and it does fine.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: <cjmaness AT juno.com>