market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "David Inglis" <mhcsa AT verizon.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:49:10 -0400

Karen,

Yellow Jackets, at least when ground nesting, have only one entrance to the nest; if you cover it they will perish. We used to do this with a clear glass bowl at night when they are all home. You will find out quickly if they have other exits. I once drove into a nest with a brush mower, that’ll get your heart pounding.

Plan B: liquid propane. It  might burn your house down too but at least you’ll be rid of the wasps!

Good luck.

And greetings from Berkshire County, the real Western Mass.

Dave

Dave Inglis

www.mahaiweharvest.com

Berkshire County,