market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 02:21:38 GMT

We quit growing sweet corn because of the deer. We quit growing cantaloupes
and watermelon because of the coyotes. We did the electric fence. We allow
hunting on our land. And, the deer thrive. I couldn't count the times the
coyotes have woke me up at night sounding like they were right outside the
window! We've seen a bobcat around, and friends of ours swear they have heard
the scream of cougars. We are surrounded by wheat fields. The deer seem to
prefer that over our crops, until we hit mid summer. Then, nothing is sacred.
So far the wild hogs haven't crossed the Cimmarron River. The old timers
around here say the hogs won't cross the river. We can only hope! My husband
grew up in Nacogdoches, TX and tells horror stories of the damage hogs do. I
hope Willie and others in Texas never have the problems I've heard about.
Carla
Perkins, OK This has got to be the year of the tick. My gosh! Or tater bug!
Bugs everywhere, on everything!

Get your dream car or truck. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLa8uDTO5HwHbLUM3dshvkvD8GlHeRsMX9pYPZbIaj6vDcYksDwty/