market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing and Bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing and Bugs
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:31:53 -0700 (PDT)

"This has got to be the year of the tick. My gosh! Or tater bug! Bugs everywhere, on everything!"

I agree!  This is the year of the bugs.  I have cucumber beetles everywhere, Potato Bugs, some strange, never seen before caterpillar on tomatoes (no it wasn't a hornworm) and a squash but on cucumbers.

We have coyotes around here all the time.  I have lost my fair share of chickens.  We keep them penned up now.  We do have coyotes running through our yard and deer graze in the wheat field, but we have never had a problem with them.

Jay