market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] row covers and flea beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] row covers and flea beetles
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:57:11 -0400

I have heard of used motor oil being used (but that has A LOT of issues) and petroleum jelly.

I do believe there is a spray on Tanglefoot. Check their website-it has lots of information such as use vegetable oil to clean it off things.

I try to wear latex gloves when I apply, keeps things cleaner. I also apply to baggies when I am using balls in fruit trees. Put the sticky bag over the ball et voila a really easy sticky trap that is super easy to clean (just remove the baggie when it is full of bugs) . When using in trees put up traps AFTER the flowers are over so you do not kill bees.